Educreations is a FREE app that turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. It allows you to insert images, record your voice and anything you write. As a result, you can produce your own video lessons that you can then share online. Ideal for a flipped classroom approach to setting homework or for providing students with revision materials prior to exams.
Whatever you create is then stored online and can be accessed by students on a computer or iPad both at home and at school. There are also a wide variety of Educreations created by others which you can use as well.
- Help students with homework by working through an example problem.
- Put your lessons on the web so students can watch them before and after class.
- Create revision tutorials
- Add your commentary to key processes, images, diagrams etc
- Record and replay your voice, handwriting and drawings
- Add text to any page
- Add photos from the iPad camera, Photo Albums, Dropbox or the Web
- Animate images by dragging them around while recording
- Pause and resume recording anytime
- Create multiple whiteboard pages
- Create a free account on educreations.com and choose who can view your lessons
- Share your lessons via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Embed your lessons on your blog or website
Interested? Here are a selection of subject specific examples:
Want to have a try at creating one yourself?
Watch these video tutorials to help you get started